Your Suzuki bike is eligible for warranty replacements even after your free services are completed. (Please refer you manual book). You should have completed all your service on time as per schedule at any authorized service centre or dealership in the country.
1. The vehicle should have a valid comprehensive insurance.
2. The driver should have permanent 2- wheeler driving license.
3. A letter/FIR from the traffic Police is required if the estimate of damages is above Rs.10000/-
4. Inform the concerned insurance company/Branch within a couple of days after the accident and obtain a claim form from the insurance company. Carry with you the original RC book, Insurance, and driving license along with photo copies for verification by the insurance company.
5. The vehicle may be brought to our service centre for inspection by the insurance surveyor and then for carrying out repairs.
6. An advance of approx. 1/3rd of the estimated cost of repairs is to be remitted to us while leaving the vehicle with us for repairs.
7. After due examination of the vehicle by our technicians, a preliminary estimate of the cost of repairs will be prepared by us. A copy of the estimate is to be handed over to the insurance company for carrying out insurance survey.
8. The vehicle will be inspected by the insurance surveyor and an approval given. A supplementary estimate may have to be prepared after dismantling the vehicle if required.
9. The repairs will be completed within a week to 10 days depending on the extent of damages and availability of parts.
10. Our final bill would have to be settled in full by you and claimed from the insurance company.
11. The Insurance Company will never settle the claim amount in full. Depreciation will be applicable depending upon the age of the vehicle and material damaged (Metal /Plastic /Fibre /Rubber)
12. Insurance can be claimed even for minor damages of less than Rs. 1000 /- value.
You could visit NineStar and speak to our Service department, they shall contact the company and advise you accordingly
Payment towards service bill can be by cash or credit card. Cheques are also accepted, but delivery of the vehicle will be subject to realization of the cheque. No service charges will be levied for payment through credit card
If your vehicle has a fuel tap:
1. Fill fuel above reserve level (ref. manual for reserve capacity) and run the vehicle with fuel tap in main position.
2. When the vehicle shows symptoms of choking due to fuel starvation (vehicle blocking while running) change the fuel knob to reserve position and note down the kms indicated in the odometer. (Eg- Odometer reading: 750 Kms)
3. Again fill one or two litres of petrol within the next 10 kms and change the fuel knob position to main. (Fuel quantity filled : 1 Litre)
4. When the petrol comes to reserve again note down the kms indicated in the odometer. (Eg- Odometer reading : 800 Kms)
5. The mileage calculation in the example shown is 50 Kms per Litre of petrol.
B. If your vehicle has an auto fuel tap:
1. Fill the petrol tank to the brim and note down the odometer reading. (Eg- Odometer reading : 500 Kms)
2. Run the vehicle for more than 50kms and fill the tank again. Note down the odometer reading (Eg- Odometer reading : 550 Kms)
3. Note down the fuel quantity filled in order to top up the petrol tank to full position. (Eg- Fuel quantity filled : 1 Litre)
4. The mileage calculation in the example shown is 50 Kms per Litre of petrol.
NineStar has stock of genuine parts of all models of Suzuki 2 Wheelers. For out of production vehicles, we could assist customers by trying to arrange for the required spare part either from Suzuki Motorcycles India Limited or any other dealer or spare parts retailer across the country